Windows Media Player Plus is a plug-in that adds the following user interface and playback enhancements to Windows Media Player:
* Tag Editor Plus: an alternative for Windows Media Player's Advanced Tag Editor. Tag Editor Plus works on Windows Media Player 12 too, where the original Advanced Tag Editor has been removed.
* Global hotkeys, allowing you to control Windows Media Player from within any running application.
* Party Shuffle: a dynamic playlist, that automatically gets filled up with randomly picked songs. Of course, you can still add songs yourself, and reorder/remove songs, just like with a normal playlist. Very useful while throwing a party, as a DJ aid, or just for casual listening.
* Real 'find as you type' in the library: you can simply start typing to search, without having to click on the Search field first.
* Access the standard Explorer right-click menu of a media file directly from within Windows Media Player.
* Restore last active playlist, media item, and playback position at Windows Media Player startup.
* Show currently playing media in Windows Media Player's title bar.
* Advanced playback options: Stop after current and Close after current, to automatically stop playback or close Windows Media Player when the current media has ended.
* Let Windows Media Player play/pause when you press the space bar.
* Disable group headers in the Library Pane.
* Enhanced and configurable replacement of the Windows Live Messenger Music plug-in (What I'm Listening To).
* Access the properties/settings of any Windows Media Player plug-in from within the main menu (Tools - Plug-in properties), without having to go to Options first.
* "Play next" option when right-clicking a media item in Windows Media Player 11's library (Windows Media Player 12 already has this by default).
* Quickly re-enable all plug-ins after a Windows Media Player crash.